Each experience in our Jupiter counseling office is unique, just as every individual is unique.
Individual counseling gives you the opportunity to work collaboratively with a counselor for supportive guidance to resolve issues, get through a difficult or painful experience, explore thoughts and feelings, examine behaviors and beliefs, working toward making healthy changes.
Some of the areas where we can help:
- • Anxiety
- • Depression
- • Grief and Loss
- • Trauma
- • Life Transition
- • Stress
- • Body Image/Eating Issues
- • Self-Esteem/Personal Growth
- • Spirituality
At Jupiter Community Counseling, our goal is to help you gain insight and empower you towards lasting positive change.Make Appointment
Welcome to our Jupiter counseling office! If you are wanting to make some positive changes in your marriage or relationship you have come to the right place.
Good couples counseling along with couple participation will encourage a healthier and more loving dynamic between you and your partner. Our marriage and couples counseling services cover a number of common areas including:
- • Couples Communication
- • Conflict Resolution
- • Intimacy Issues
- • Infidelity
- • Resentment
- • Reconnection
- • Healthy boundaries
In our Jupiter counseling office, we weave together concepts from attachment and Imago theories, Emotionally-Focused-Therapy, the research of John Gottman and the latest in neuroscience. The goal is to connect you as you were at the beginning or perhaps even better than you’ve never been before!Make Appointment
The specialist in our Jupiter counseling office are committed to helping your teen and your family during this difficult developmental stage.
Teenagers and parents of today are dealing with unprecedented levels of pressure and stress, which can be particularly challenging:
- • Is your teenager withdrawn, sad, lonely, depressed, or anxious?
- • Is your son or daughter running with an undesirable peer group or engaging in negative behaviors?
- • Does your teen have trouble fitting in, or suffer from low self-esteem?
You’re not alone. Teens are often more comfortable accepting help from a trustworthy adult in a safe environment because they can confidentially discuss complicated issues and feelings they may not feel comfortable sharing with parents. Healthy development during the teen years is influenced by the teen feeling supported but often, teens pull away from their parents just when they need guidance the most – this is where we come in.Make Appointment
Family counseling brings together members of a family to work through situation or relationship issues.
Concerns may include changes in family relationships, conflict, health issues or other family dynamic issues. The professionals in our Jupiter counseling office will help the family recognize their patterns, build on the positive and develop alternatives, providing all family members a voice in the process.Make Appointment
Mindful Eating Awareness
DIETS DON'T WORK!
Ready to try something totally different?
Dr. Ann Marie Semich is offering an 8-week Mindful Eating Awareness program based on the Mindfulness-Based Eating Awareness Training (MB-EAT) created and researched by Dr. Jean Kristeller.
MB-EAT is where mindfulness creates long-term success for losing weight and ending the struggle with food. This is NOT a diet. This is a scientific program designed to positively change your relationship with food, eating and your body. You will learn new tools and skills to create and sustain a healthy balance and stop overeating and/or emotional eating. You will learn practical mindful eating practices, mindful meditations and compassionate, non-judgmental acceptance, improving your overall well-being.
This course is suited for people who:
- • Have a history of dieting and are ready to get out of the up and down cycles that don’t work.
- • Want to experience a different approach to food and eating that leads to freedom and peace.
- • Find a long-term, sustainable way to improve health and lose weight.
- • Want to break free from the guilt and self-criticism associated with eating.
- • Would like to enjoy food without overindulging.
This program is not for people who:
- • Who want to lose weight fast.
- • Want a quick fix.
In this 8 week program you will:
- • Learn why diets don’t work.
- • Practice mindfulness tools to increase your awareness & change habits around food and eating.
- • Discern hunger & fullness cues to eat the appropriate amounts for better health.
- • Apply mindfulness skills designed to stop overeating, binge eating and mindless eating.
- • Learn to eat the foods you love without the guilt. Really!
The 8-week Program consists of:
- • Eight sessions total.
- • Seven weekly 2 hour group sessions.
- • One group follow up session 4 weeks later.
- • Workbook and supplies.
- • Audio meditations.
- • Encouragements throughout the week.
Program cost: $395.
Space is limited to 10 participants